Availability: In stock
Makhanas are low in cholesterol, sodium and saturated fats and are good for your heart. They are a good source of magnesium, potassium, manganese, phosphorous and protein. This high nutrition value of makhanas makes them a perfect and healthy snack.
Do you Know:
Makhanas, also called fox nuts, or lotus seeds, come from a plant called Euryale Fox which grows in the stagnant water of wetlands or ponds in Eastern Asia. They have been used in Chinese medicine since 3000 years and find an important place in the science of Ayurveda too.
1) They are low in cholesterol, fat and sodium. This makes them an ideal snack to satiate those in-between meal hunger pangs.
2) They are beneficial to those suffering from high blood pressure, heart diseases and obesity due to their high magnesium and low sodium content.
3) Makhanas are recommended for diabetics too due to their low glycemic index.
4) An anti-ageing enzyme in these seeds is said to help repair damaged proteins.
5) In addition, the presence of a natural flavonoid called kaempferol (also present in coffee), helps prevent inflammation and ageing.
6) Ayurvedic beliefs suggest that fox nuts astringent properties that benefit the kidneys.
7) Makhanas are gluten-free, protein rich and high in carbohydrates.
8) They are low in calories, making them an ideal snack for weight loss.
9) Ayurvedic and Unani medicine believe them to have aphrodisiac properties.